We are excited to announce Brent G Hair Studio is re-opening for business on Tuesday, May 26th, 2020. As of May 19th, 2020 the BC Provincial Health Officer has canceled our close order. In order to remain in compliance with health and safety guidelines provided by Work Safe BC, and Federal CERB eligibility guidelines, we will start calling clients back on Tuesday, May 19th to book appointments starting May 26th, 2020 and onwards, in the order we have received requests.
Some important items to note:
- Brent has completed Level 1 & 2 of the BC BeautySafe course and is up to date on current salon and hairstyling safety protocols.We are following the COVID-19 recommendations of the BC Ministry of Health and WorkSafe BC. If you have opinions about our safety practices, please remember we are just regular people doing our best with the information we’ve been provided, and encouragement and support is appreciated over criticism. If you are not comfortable with coming into the salon at this time, by all means stay home!
- We have updated our prices for the first time in over five years. Our new prices reflect current cost of business, and Brent’s level of expertise with over 25 years of hairstyling experience. If you are in financial need and cannot afford a haircut, please remember we still offer free haircuts through People for a Healthy Community. All we ask is that when your financial situation improves, please find a way to pay it forward.
- During this period of slowly phasing back into full business we ask for your patience and consideration while Brent does a thorough clean between clients to ensure yours and our safety. We know people are accustomed to appointments being on time, and we will do our best, but there may be longer wait times than usual as we adjust to a new normal. Please understand we will not be booking as many clients each day as we used to in order to give ourselves sufficient time to clean between clients, so your appointment may be booked farther in advance than hoped for.
- Our Hair Salon COVID-19 Protocols:
- If you feel unwell in any way, please stay home and schedule your appointment for a later date. Before booking an appointment please follow the standard quarantine guidelines from the government of Canada if you have been ill with COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19. Visit this link to do a self-assessment. If you develop any of the symptoms after booking an appointment please cancel your appointment by phone or our contact page, and do not come to the salon.
- No walk-ins at this time, please make an appointment by calling 250-247-7378 or via our contact page. We prefer to be reached through our contact page at this time while we are dealing with a backlog of appointment requests. If you must call to leave a message, we will return your call as soon as possible. Due to the large volume of calls and emails we are receiving, please do not leave multiple messages, and keep it brief and to the point: name, service wanted, and phone number. Expect a delay as we get caught up after being closed for two months. We appreciate your patience.
- Brent will be wearing a face mask while clients are in the salon and would appreciate clients also wear a non-medical mask that hooks around your ears.
- Only one client in the salon at a time. Please wait outside until you are invited in. A chair will be provided for your comfort while you wait. Please maintain a distance of 2 m (6.5 ft) from any other clients or bystanders outside while waiting.
- Capes placed on clients for cuts or colours are freshly laundered daily and only used on one client.
- All high-contact surfaces are cleaned with a virucidal solution between each client.
- All tools, combs, and brushes are sanitized between clients using barbicide and clippercide, standard industry sanitation products.
Thank you for your continued support and patience while we get through this difficult time together. We love you, Gabriola! See you soon.
The Gibson Family