- Greasy unwashed hair is much easier to colour than freshly washed hair – so for once in your life, leaving the house with dirty hair is a must!
- Do not wet your hair before your appointment.
- Do not use a leave in conditioner in your hair before your appointment.
- Gel or hairspray are generally fine as long as your hair is not wet when you arrive for your appointment.
- Do not use a vegetable based henna colour; it is impossible to correct vegetable based colour.
- If you are on any medications, be sure to let your stylist know beforehand as they can affect the outcome of your colour. Blood medications are particularly important for your stylist to know about.
- Keep in mind that any box colour, but especially red and black, are difficult to lighten so be prepared for a long appointment.
- Gray is a non-colour. You can cover gray, but you can’t make your hair gray with a colour or highlight process.
- If you have a specific colour you want, try to find a picture to bring to help give your stylist a visual.
- Your stylist should be trained to match your colour to your skin tone so use his/her expertise to pick the correct tone.
Have fun with your colour and don’t be shy!